Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 17th - Day 7

Today we had the honor to see the beautiful Niagara Falls.
The first surprise after the arrival was, that we all (except the Canadians) got the message that we are now in Canada. At least we had free wi-fi.
For me, Inken, was it the best but also kind of the worst day of the entire trip yet.
We got the ride with The Maid of the Mist, a boat that goes around the Niagara Falls. You got really wet in the front, I would prefer not to wear any make up and it’s also not the best moment to take pictures with your camera. Just don’t care about how you look because it will get hidden behind super “attractive” ponchos – blue ones for the Americans, pink for the Canadians.


Another tip is also to wear sunglasses because I wasn’t able to open my eyes for a couple minutes with all the water. But at the time I could see something it really made everything else worth it.

 
Afterwards we were going up some stairs to get closer to the falls and you honestly get wet to your underwear.
Finally we got lunch, sandwiches, with the Niagara Falls in the background, as if you couldn’t get a better place to eat.

 
We noticed that the birds around us came really close when we feat them with bread and they would even eat out of our hands.


A few people, me including, decided to just lie down in the grass and enjoy the sun and all the nature around us. Might sound good but that made my day worse than it should’ve been. I got the worst sunburn in my life. Okay it’s also my first sunburn but that doesn’t matter. Now I have a nice pattern on my back.
But that didn’t ruin my whole day because I got to go to one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen.

 
After we left we had a chance to get our clothes washed and watch the soccer game South Korea against Russia.
We ate some pizza and noodles for dinner, the pizza was really good for the taste of the Europeans because it almost tasted like ours.
At our hotel were the guys playing some soccer and later on we practiced a dance for an upcoming day. Some people struggled but at all we did a good job and I have the feeling the time will be as great as the day today.
Best coast? East Coast!

Written by Inken Maria Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment